ICI Berlin Institute for Cultural Inquiry
Christinenstr. 18-19, House 8
Public Transportation: Senefelder Platz (U2)
Performance suggestion for German speakers for December 3, 2014:
I'd rather Goya robbed me of sleep than some arsehole
Motel One Alexanderplatz
Public Transportation: Alexanderplatz (15min walk or two stops on the U2 from Symposium venue)
Please book your hotel room via the special booking form that we sent out.
Schönhauser Allee 185
Public Transportation: Rosa-Luxemburg Platz (5min walk from the Symposium venue)
There is a limited number of studio/1-bedroom apartments available (80€ p.n.) if you are interested in an alternative to hotel accommodation. Please get in touch with us directly via email, if you are interested in booking an apartment.
Located in the northwest of Berlin, Tegel provides easy access to both the city center East and West.
- TXL Jet Express Bus to Alexanderplatz: runs every 5-10min, the journey takes 40min, cost: 2,60€ single
- Taxis from Tegel to Alexanderplatz take approx. 30min, cost: ca. 22€
Located in the southeast of Berlin, the airport is well connected to the city center by public transport.
- Airport Express to Alexanderplatz and beyond: the journey takes 30min, trains run every 20min (RE 7, RB14, RB19)
- The S-Bahn S9 runs every 20min to the City East: at Ostkreuz, change to the S3, S5, S7, S75 to Alexanderplatz; the journey takes 40min
- The journey by cab to Alexanderplatz takes approximately 40min and costs ca. 30€.
Trains usually arrive into Berlin Main station, from which you can connect easily to Alexanderplatz via all main S-Bahn lines running East(3 stops).
For public transportation times and for further information see BVG